Wednesday 9 October 2019

Revolution Lemon Drizzle Eye Shadow Palette Review

Hello Lovelies,

It's been a hot minute since I last wrote a blog post I have just checked and it was the 1st August can't believe it's been so long .

Today I would like to give you my thoughts on the beautiful Revolution Lemon Drizzle Eyeshadow Palette. 




The packaging is very typical of the Revolution Chocolate Bar Palettes other then this being a lemon colour to go with the lemon theme of the eyeshadow palette .

I pulled this out of my eyeshadow collection last week for my shop my stash as I hadn't used it for awhile and it really reminded me of both the Urban Decay Naked Honey Palette and also the Colourpop Uhhuh Honey Palette . 

I really like those golden yellow eyeshadows and love the look of the  Urban Decay Naked Honey eyeshadow palette and this palette looks very similar it has really similar eyeshadows .


I think this eyeshadow palette is just stunning and the price point is amazing as well just look at all the different tones of the eyeshadows .

The formula of the eyeshadow are really nice and they blend out really well .



On the first day that I used the Revolution Lemon Drizzle Eyeshadow Palette I used Sugar which Is a really nice eyeshadow to use as a Base Eyeshadow . 
I used Butter the palest yellow in the eyeshadow palette as a transition eyeshadow in my crease then Lemon Slice to deepen out the crease and Nothing But Crumbs all over the eyelids .



In the above photos I used Sugar as my base eyeshadow , Butter in my crease , Lemon Slice to deepen out the Crease and Citrus above Lemon Slice and Fluffy all over the eyelids .


Time for swatches …..


Here are the swatches from the first 2 rows of the Revolution Lemon Drizzle Eyeshadow Palette . 

First Row 

Afternoon Tea - is a really nice eyeshadow to deepen out the crease it's a matte brown .

Just A Bite - is a gorgeous copper shimmery eyeshadow great eyeshadow for all over the lid that would make blue and green eyes pop .

Sugar - is the matte cream eyeshadow that I use for my base and so that all the other eyeshadows blend seamlessly

Scrumptious - is a dark brown matte eyeshadow which is good to use as a eye liner but also to deepen out the outer v

Butter - is the palest yellow matte eyeshadow in the palette that I use as a transition eyeshadow so that the darker eyeshadows will blend seamlessly.

Baked - is a darker bronze shimmer then Just A Bite another really pretty shimmer eyeshadow

Second Row 

Slice of Cake - is a dark brown matte darker then the browns in the first row.

Lemon Slice - is a matte yellow that I use as a crease eyeshadow this is one of my favourite eyeshadows in the palette it's very pigmented and blends our really well .

Citrus - is a orange red matte eyeshadow very pigmented the formula isn't the same as the rest of the matte eyeshadows in this palette it's very pigmented and looks lovely with lemon slice underneath citrus

Fluffy - Is a gorgeous yellow toned gold shimmer eyeshadow that looks beautiful all over the eyelid.

Tempting - is a orange toned matte brown that looks lovely as a crease eyeshadow .

Delicious - Is a matte brick red eyeshadow that makes a great outer v eyeshadow

Third Row - 


Sunshine - is a gorgeous matte orange eyeshadow that looks good all over the eyelid or just as a crease eyeshadow . 

Zestful - is a very dark copper shimmer eyeshadow . 

Tangy - is another gorgeous golden yellow eyeshadow that I absolutely love and looks great all over the eyelid. 

Zingy - is a darker copper shimmer eyeshadow then zestful really pretty for a smoky eye

Sharp But Sweet - makes a really good  base eyeshadow this is more a cream eyeshadow whereas sugar is a white matte eyeshadow 

Nothing But Crumbs - is a gorgeous gold that is another one of my favourite eyeshadows and just looks beautiful all over the eyelid . 

I absolutely love this palette at the moment I would go so far as to say it's one of my favourite drugstore eyeshadow palettes . 

I think Revolution always do a good job with their eyeshadow palettes their hasn't been a lot of eyeshadow palettes that I have bought from Revolution and not liked . 

I would highly recommend this one if you are thinking of buying the URBAN DECAY NAKED HONEY EYESHADOW PALETTE . 

I've looked at the swatches for the Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette online and the swatches look  very similar . 

I wanted to buy the Urban Decay Honey Eyeshadow Palette but I don't feel like I need it in my eyeshadow collection as I have this one and I have so many eyeshadow palettes in the collection also I can't justify spending £42 on a eyeshadow palette when I can get very similar looks from this eyeshadow palette . 








Mariya Zafirova said...

I need to try this palette!

Mariya | https://www.brunetteondemand.com/chloe-lauren-sandals-dupes/