Tuesday 9 October 2018

Thoughts On Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick & Dupes

Hello Beauties

This is a follow on from the MAC Soft and Gentle post I did a couple of days ago I wanted to give you my thoughts on this lipstick as it is another one of MAC Cult Products .


Like all of the MAC Lipsticks it comes in this lovely black and silver packaging which is how you can tell it's a MAC Lipstick . 




This lipstick was made famous by Kylie Jenner and then everyone bought it I was probably one of the last people to buy it and the reason I bought this lipstick was because it was so hyped up and truth be told I don't actually rate it . I definitely think this is one of those products that are over hyped and these lipsticks are £15.50 so there not the cheapest lipsticks to buy. 
I have nicer lipsticks bought from the drugstore in my collection which are also nude lipsticks like for instance the revolution and soph x collaboration they brought out a lipstick in the shade cake and it's just stunning in my opinion much nicer then this lipstick .

In the lipstick  bullet this lipstick does look really pretty though I just don't think it looked as nice on the lips 

I think I do have a couple of dupes in my lipstick collection for velvet teddy I remember at the time I tried ordering this lipstick from the Selfridges website and they didn't have it in stock so I got a couple of dupes and I managed to get velvet teddy when I was at the airport on my way to Portugal a few years ago 


Here I am wearing velvet teddy I don't suppose it looks too bad I think my problem is over the years I have collected quite a few high end lipsticks and I have just found some better lipsticks for my lipstick collection so this one isn't as good in my opinion 

Onto the dupes lets see if there a good dupe and I can save you some money if you like the look of this lipstick but don't want to spend over £15 on a lipstick 


Out of the 2 dupes I bought this is the definitely closest it's a really good dupe and has that pink undertone that velvet teddy has it's also matte so if your looking for a dupe I would recommend this one it is slightly shiny on my hand but it dries down to a matte finish and to be honest when it's on the lips I can barely notice a difference it's in the shade 630 Seduction 


I have had this lipstick awhile and I have barely worn it it's by the brand NO7 which is Boots own brand and is in the shade Honey Bloom I was told at the time it was an exact dupe for velvet teddy which it isn't at all. 
Don't get me wrong it's a really pretty lipstick but it's the wrong shade to be a dupe it has more of a brown undertone to it . 


You can just see in the swatches  how close the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Seduction is it's a really good dupe and is half the price at least what you would pay for a MAC lipstick 

Thanks for reading as always your support means more to me then I can ever begin to tell you 

So the question I want to ask is what do you all think of velvet teddy is it a lipstick you have in your collection I would love to know in the comments section .