Sunday 23 September 2018

Juvia's Place The Douce Palette First Impressions, Review and Looks Created

Hello Beauties,

Hope you are well on this Sunday afternoon I have been using Juvia's Place The Douce Palette now for the last couple of weeks so I thought I would give you my thoughts on this palette .

Maybe it will help you decide whether you want to purchase it or not ?


Here is the beautiful Juvia's Place The Douce Palette if you like colourful eye shadow looks you will love this eyeshadow palette .
The good thing about this palette though is you can create some lovely neutral eyeshadow looks so you really do have the best of both worlds …





Let me talk you through the swatches ….


Here are all the swatches from the douce eyeshadow palette lets start with the shade chocolat 

Chocolat - Chocolat is a gorgeous dark brown I thought I would just use this eyeshadow on the lashline but it actually looks really nice to be used on the eye lid and creates a really nice matte eyeshadow look which is completely new to me as I always use a shimmer on the eye lid .
In the swatch this eyeshadow does look patchy and I was worried about this but it blends out really well ….

Tart - Tart is a gorgeous metallic duo chrome pink eyeshadow that mainly I use as a inner corner highlight such a unique eyeshadow 

Crème - Crème is my favourite matte from this palette it's a gorgeous pink / peach eye shadow and looks amazing over the top of berry mousse . Crème is so smooth its like butter blends out so well . 

Macarons - omg I love this eyeshadow so much it's this gorgeous mint green eyeshadow and looks absolutely beautiful on the eye lid very metallic. 




It's not the best lighting in the world but just look how metallic that macarons eye shadow is it's so beautiful . 


Oh I just love it so much definitely my favourite from the metallic eye shadows  in this palette



Custard - custard is one of those eyeshadows that I really never thought I would wear it's bright fuscia pink and it's one of those eyeshadows are well and truly out of my comfort zone but I thought to myself no it's in the palette I want to do a good review so I am going to push myself out of my comfort zone and create a mermaid look 

 I actually really like this look and really didn't think I would I posted it to my Instagram too and a few people commented on how nice it looked so would definitely recreate it again...


The eyeshadows I used for this look were as usual berry mousse in the crease and crème just below then custard all over the lid and mont blanc on the inner potion of the eye .
On the lash line custard and montblanc there also which gave it that really nice mermaid effect.

Puffs - Puffs is a frosted pink eyeshadow really nice the only downside of this eyeshadow Is that it is quite crumbly and there is a lot of fall out with this eye shadow. 

Again it's not the best look with the lighting and everything that's changed now though I have a ring light for my phone when I take photos like this and it's poor lighting . 
You can just make out the gorgeous metallic pink frosted eyeshadow and looks really nice with a tan . 





Berry Mousse - I wear every time I use this eye shadow palette it's a really good transition eye shadow for me .

Mont Blanc - I was very disappointed with this eyeshadow it's a metallic silver there are ways of making this shadow work but if you put it on your lids with a brush it is sheer and I expect my metallic eyeshadows to be popping , If you put it on with your finger like you do most metallic eyeshadows it's really crumbly and the glitter from the shadow gets everywhere and is only slightly more pigmented . The best way to use this shadow is either with primer water or fix plus and the pigmentation is so much better I just don't believe you should have to try all these different ways to get a eye shadow to work for you.



Here is the mont blanc eyeshadow I do really like it it's just so crumbly maybe it would work better with a glitter glue I will have to give that a try 

Last but certainly is not least is the shadow Crepes I think this is the only eye shadow that I didn't take a look with so I can't show you what it looks like but it really is a beautiful eye shadow and blends out so well. 

I created a look using berry mousse, crème on the crease then put crepes all over the eyelid and then chocolat on the lash line and it was a lovely neutral everyday look . Not too dark as the matte eyeshadows in this palette are not very pigmented at all . So you can build the eye shadow up to the pigmentation you want or just put a wash of colour over your eyelids . 

I highly recommend the Juvia's place eyeshadows palettes this is the second one that I have tried now and not really been disappointed with the shadows it's just that one and I have tried 18 of Juvia's place eyeshadows so when you put it like that you can't really complain about one eyeshadow not performing well . 

I think the Juvia's place eyeshadow palettes are great value for money the Juvia's Place eyeshadows are a cruelty free product which I like it was also made and formulated in the USA . The Net weight of the product is 32.4G/1.14oz so the pans of the eye shadows are really big the eyeshadows work out at £2.22 GBP an eye shadow which is an absolute steal for the quality of the eye shadows . 

What do you think of Juvia's place eyeshadows have you tried them I would love to know all your thoughts in the comment section below. 
Any recommendations for any other of the palettes by Juvia's Place ??

Thanks for reading as always it means so much to me .