Sunday 5 March 2017

Review On Too Faced Merry Macaroon Christmas In New York Palette

Hello Beauties,

I got this Too Faced Merry Macaroon Eye Shadow Palette for Christmas and did do a first impressions on this palette I think in December/January and said I would do a more indepth review when I had used it more so in this post I will be showing you all the swatches from the lovely palette and giving my overall thoughts from the packaging to each individual eyeshadow.



I love the packaging of this palette it looks really nice on my dresser and it's nice to have the palette handy to use. Because of this I have been using it quite a lot through the last couple of months.


The Too Faced Merry Macaroon Palette is a really nice palette to travel with I know some people may not choose to travel with this palette as it has no mirror it does have some really nice matte and shimmer shadows however so you can create a lot of different looks.





There isn't any eye shadow in this palette that I don't like I have used all the eyeshadows some more then others but all the same I think I can give you my thoughts on all the shadows and how they performed


The first shadow in the palette just doesn't show on my skin tone as I am so pale it's a cream/ivory shadow that I use all the time when I use this palette and sometimes when I just need a base shadow so that my shadows blend out well . The shadow is called coconut it's a really nice cream eyeshadow I love using this eyeshadow after I have used my mac paint pot this eye shadow helps to set it and helps blend my eyeshadows out nicely . Dulce de leche is a matte eyeshadow really nice for the crease to use as a transition shade . Banana Cream is a gorgeous shimmer eyeshadow I love it's super smooth it's a really pretty pink/lilac shimmer almost like a highlight . Almond Mocha is a dark brown matte eye shadow that is really nice for the outer corner and also the lash line it's not as harsh as using a black eye liner . I really like to use this when I don't want to wear a black eye liner .


Champagne Rose is a gorgeous shimmer this shadow is a highlight shadow and it can also be used as a highlighter as well as an eye shadow. Mint Chocolate is a matte eyeshadow and again is really nice to deepen out your eyeshadow and lash line. Tirimisui is a lovely matte transition eyeshadow I use this in my crease more then I use the dulce de leche just because it is lighter. I sometimes use Dulche de leche over the top if I want it a little bit darker. Chocolate Raspberry is a deep purple this one is a little patchy it blends out really well though. I only really use this shadow if I want to use a bit of colour I use it for my lash line, I have only used chocolate raspberry a couple of times and it is one of my least favourites from the palette.

Praline is a favourite of mine a gorgeous golden shimmer looks gorgeous on the eye lid, Honey Lavender I was really surprised at. When I first saw this palette I thought it would have been one of the eye shadows I would have used the least but I really love it. It's a gorgeous pink based lavender shimmer eye shadow that looks really pretty so soft and buttery like the rest of the shimmer eye shadows in the palette. Another eye shadow that I thought I would really not like is Violet Cassis which is a gorgeous deep purple it doesn't look like it in the palette but it's a really nice duo chrome purple eye shadow looks beautiful on the eyelid . Last but certainly not least we have Cookies & Cream which is a matte black with some sparkle in it which is not everyone's cup of tea. I think I have only used this shadow the once just because I don't tend to use black eye shadow unless I want to do a smoky eye look which is not often as I don't think it looks good on me . Cookies & Cream though is such a pigmented black eyeshadow so if you don't mind the sparkle it really is a nice eyeshadow and for a matte eyeshadow it's so creamy. I thought it might be quite gritty as there is glitter in the eye shadow it's not like that at all it's so smooth .

My overall thoughts on this palette are very positive I have wanted to try the Too Faced Christmas Eye Shadow Collection for the last couple of years now and I missed out.  So this year I put this one on my christmas wish list and I am so pleased to have it in my collection.

You get 12 eye shadows in this palette 6 matte eye shadows and 6 shimmers each eye shadow weighs 1.11g/0.03 Oz . Total weight is 13.33g/0.47 Oz . You also get a better than sex mini mascara which I haven't used yet as I already had one and didn't actually think it was that good but I have recently been using it and I am actually beginning to like it .

Thanks for reading