Monday 6 March 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow V'S W7 Hollywood Bronze & Glow Is It A Dupe?

Hello Beauties,

There has been a lot of controversy around dupes this week on twitter regarding the new revolution renaissance lipsticks. You can see them here on the Superdrug website.  Revolution is known for duping the higher end brands . I don't want to go into too much detail if you want to read more I would suggest you go and visit Angela's blog post on beautybythebunny it's really well written and caused a huge debate Cosmopolitan even wrote an article on this which I will leave a link too. Cosmopolitan . The lipsticks are basically identical to the charlotte tilbury lipsticks and that is why there has been so much controversy surrounding this from the rose gold packaging to the ridges on the bullet. You can clearly see where Revolution got their inspiration from when they decided to do this lipstick collection . I see it from both sides when you are an avid collector of make up and you see one of your favourite brands being duped of course it's annoying as beauty bloggers we spend so much money on make up and Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks are not cheap they are £24 each I've only got 6 in my collection because they are so expensive compared to the Revolution Renaissance lipsticks they are £4.  Of course there not going to be Charlotte Tilbury's standard . Most people have a problem with the packaging of how similar it is to the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks then you speak to others who like to buy dupes and cannot afford to buy high end lipsticks so the Revolution Renaissance lipsticks are at the perfect price point for them and will continue to support Revolution and buy them . I myself have bought a few things from I heart make up that are clearly dupes for the Too Faced eye shadow palettes and the blushers . You can tell that they are trying to dupe the too faced palettes but the packaging is different I can see why this has caused a bit of a debate and is a hot topic at the moment .

Awhile ago I bought the Charlotte Tilbury's Film Star Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight it comes in the usual CT gorgeous rose gold packaging and has a nice sized mirror which makes this bronzer and highlight easy to apply on the go. Inside you get equal amounts of Bronzer which is a nice bronzer it reminds me of Benefit Hoola not too muddy and not too orange. The bronzer is really smooth and blends out really well. If you are looking for a bronzer that is pigmented right off then this is not the one for you I am very fair and I have to build it up when I am applying. The highlight in this compact is AMAZING I definitely prefer this over the bronzer it's a gorgeous champagne smooth highlight which makes applying it really easy . I haven't used this in such a long time writing this post is making me want to bring it out of my collection to use it and give you more of an in depth review for next month.





The reason I wanted to write this post is to show that it's not only revolution that are duping the higher end products . W7 like revolution are known for it they are known for duping Urban Decay Naked Palettes and no they are not as nice not as creamy but if you are on a budget you can get a similar look that you would get from the Urban Decay Palettes.


 Onto W7 Hollywood Bronze & Glow you can clearly see from the packaging to the design on the Bronzer and Highlight that W7 have clearly tried to dupe the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow.


On first look when looking at the W7 Bronze & Glow the only really difference I notice apart from the mirror being so small you almost miss it. The mirror in this palette is at the very top of this palette and is so small you really wouldn't be able to use this on the go to apply your bronzer and highlight on the go. It's great for applying lipstick however :). The difference that I notice before I even do any swatches is that the Bronzer has some shimmer to it which might not be everyone's cup of tea. I personally prefer a matte shimmer it depends whether the shimmer shows up on the skin. Lets have a look at the swatches .


Here are the swatches as you can see the W7 Bronze & Glow swatches are really similar it quite clearly is a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow. A lot of people will be drawn to this W7 Bronzer & Highlight because they can't afford the higher end Charlotte Tilbury price tag as you can see from the swatches you can get a vey similar look from the W7 Bronze & Glow. W7 have even called the palette Bronze & Glow like the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow.  So not only is the bronzer and highlight similar but the name of the palette is similar too.

As you would expect the quality of both the Bronzer and Highlight are not the same of the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow palette. I think I only paid £5 for the W7 Bronze and Glow while the Charlotte Tilbury was £49 quite a price difference and this is why I believe dupes are very popular and probably always will be  .

I found the Bronzer to be more pigmented in the W7 Bronze & Glow Palette surprisingly but the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star blended out so much better had I not tried the Charlotte Tilbury though the W7 Bronze and Glow is more than sufficient as it does blend out it just takes a little longer to blend out . Again the highlight is not as smooth in the W7 Bronze & Glow palette for a cheap highlighter though I was really impressed with the quality.
The Charlotte Tilbury Highlight is just so smooth and sits on the face so beautifully I definitely prefer the Charlotte Tilbury Film Nights Bronze & Glow palette to the W7 Bronze & Glow .

In the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow you get 16g /0.56 OZ of product and in the W7 Bronze & Glow you get 13g/ 0.45fl OZ of product so you do get slightly more in the Charlotte Tilbury .

I wanted to write this post nor because I am for revolution just because there not they only one that are duping higher end products especially products from the Charlotte Tilbury range. Does that make it right of course not. I think while people buy these dupes companies like revolution and W7 will always make these products as there is such a huge demand for people that are on a budget .