Thursday 9 April 2020

Primark x Disney Lion King The Wildside Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches

Hello Lovelies ,

How are you all doing hope you are all well and staying safe and most of all staying sane during these incredibly difficult times we are having .

Today I thought I would talk about this gorgeous Disney Lion King The Wildside Eyeshadow Palette that Primark came out with .

I got this for Christmas but until last week I had never used it and decided to see how it performed and what my thoughts were on the palette.


Firstly how gorgeous is this packaging so compact and travel friendly and has a really nice sized mirror considering how compact it is . 

I wanted this eyeshadow palette for awhile before I got it for Christmas as I was such a fan of the Lion King movie and I'm a big Disney Fan also 


This is what the palette looks like inside you get 3 matte eyeshadows and 6 shimmer eyeshadows lets go through the eyeshadows and then we will do some swatches and I will show you a look at the end that I created using this eyeshadow palette. 

Lets talk about the matte eyeshadows first ….

Sunrise - sunrise is my favourite matte in this eyeshadow palette it's a gorgeous burnt orange matte eyeshadow that looks gorgeous in the crease . 

Kingdom - Kingdom is the peachy toned red eyeshadow in the palette it looks a lot darker in the eyeshadow palette then it is so stunning in the crease to deepen sunrise out . 

Brave - brave is a gorgeous dark brown eyeshadow which looks gorgeous on the lash line and also on the outer v and blended into the crease it gives a nice smokey eye . 

Now onto the Shimmer Eyeshadows 

Nala - Nala is the champagne shimmer in the palette looks gorgeous as a inner corner highlight but also looks stunning all over the lid for a everyday eye look

Simba - Simba is a stunning bronze shimmer that looks stunning all over the eyelid

Savannah - Savannah is the gorgeous gold in the middle of the eyeshadow palette 

King - King is the gold eyeshadow in the palette I found this eyeshadow to be quite sheer but very buildable and looks really nice all over the eyelid . 

Hakuna Matata - Hakuna Matata is the stunning white shimmer eyeshadow in the palette I use this for a inner corner highlight brightens the inner corner up so so much . 

Pride Rock - Pride Rock is a gorgeous bronze shimmer eyeshadow palette and is one of my favourites from the entire palette. 

Lets move onto the swatches - 


These are the matte eyeshadow I love sunrise and kingdom so much I haven't really used brave that much and it is a lot more patchy then sunrise and kingdom . 

What I will also say about Sunrise and Kingdom which I only noticed when I did the swatches is they are quite chalky they blend out really well their not patchy at all once their on the eyelids. 


These are all the shimmers again like the matte eyeshadows some of these eyeshadows felt more gritty then others and wasn't as pigmented such as the lighter shimmer eyeshadows Nala, Savannah and King but they are very buildable the more golden bronze eyeshadows such as Simba and Pride Rock are the most pigmented in the palette . 

My only criticism of this palette is that a lot of the eyeshadows look very similar and I would have liked a bit more variety but then again these are the perfect eyeshadows for the lion king palette . 

I would have liked a light brown transition crease eyeshadow I think that would have made this palette perfect if that had been in the palette and also a cream ivory eyeshadow as I had to use another eyeshadow palette for that shade other then that I think for the money this is a really good eyeshadow palette to have in my collection . 


This is just one of the looks that I created with the palette I loved it it's a really nice bronze eye look that makes blue eyes pop . 


I used both of the matte eyeshadows starting with Sunrise in the crease as a transition eyeshadow and then Kingdom to deepen out with the crease and then all over the eyelid I used Simba I really liked how it turned out …. such a simple eye look which looked stunning . 

Below is my you tube channel where I am testing out the Disney Lion King the Wild Side I would love for you to go and check it out 


Thanks for reading 

Stay Safe