Tuesday 14 April 2020

Essence Be You Tiful Eyeshadow Palette First Impression | Review Including Swatches

Hello lovelies,

Hope your all well, staying safe but most of all staying sane ….

Today I thought I would talk about a recent purchase that I got just before the lockdown here in the UK .

I bought the Essence Be You tiful Eyeshadow Palette right at the beginning of March gosh it was only 5 weeks ago but feels like a lifetime ago ….





Doesn't this eyeshadow palette just have the most gorgeous array of neutral eyeshadows in it ?

I was so surprised when I saw this eyeshadow palette in my local TKMAXX for just £3.49 I had to snap it up straight away and try it out .

I filmed a 3 looks 1  palette with this palette for my you tube channel and I was just so surprised at how good this palette was .

In the past I have found Essence Cosmetics Eyeshadows to be very hit and miss but I have just loved the 2 eyeshadow palettes that I have tried recently from them and wouldn't think twice about getting more eyeshadow palettes from them in the future especially at this price.

The packaging on this palette is absolutely stunning


Just look how stunning the packaging is it's a gorgeous rose gold packaging which is my favourite to have in the collection so feminine and so me


This palette is marketed as the perfect nude eyeshadow palette a little bit like the this is me lipsticks that I recently did a review on if you haven't seen that I will leave the link below.

My Essence This Is Me Lipstick Collection Review With Swatches 

Before we get into my thoughts on the eyeshadows here is what Essence Cosmetics say about the palette.

you're beautiful, its true! the essence, be you tiful, 9-pan eyeshadow palette contains highly pigmented and super blendable shades. with a mix of matte and shimmer finishes, this palette can give you anything from a natural look to a dramatic smokey eye.

Here are the ingredients of the palette 

INGREDIENTS: TALC, MICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYETHYLENE, PTFE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, O-CYMEN-5-OL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAY CONTAIN/[+/-]: CI 16035 (RED 40 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). AND/UND INGREDIENTS: TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYETHYLENE, PTFE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, O-CYMEN-5-OL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAY CONTAIN/[+/-]: CI 16035 (RED 40 LAKE), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

The palette is also Cruelty Free

Ok so lets talk about the eyeshadows and what my thoughts are 

In the Essence Be You tiful Eyeshadow Palette you get 5 matte eyeshadows and 4 shimmer eyeshadows so lets talk about the matte eyeshadows first .

On the top row their is only 1 matte eyeshadow which is the cream ivory eyeshadow that I use all over my eyelid so that the other  eyeshadows will go on seamlessly and I also use this shade on the browbone as a browbone highlight as I don't like shimmer highlights on my browbone this eyeshadow is called In The Buff. 

The middle row has 2 matte eyeshadows On My Own and Fired Up , On My Own is a beautiful eyeshadow to use as a transition eyeshadow and Fired Up is a gorgeous matte eyeshadow to use all over the eyelid and to blend it into the crease looks so beautiful .

The last row also has 2 matte eyeshadows My Time and Midnight , 
My Time is a gorgeous dark brown that looks gorgeous in the outer v to deepen out the lighter On My Own eyeshadow this can be used to take a look from day time to night time for that gorgeous smokey eye ,

 Midnight for me would be used on the lash line , I don't wear a lot of black eyeshadow personally but can appreciate why it's in the eyeshadow palette.
I think black eyeshadow makes me look washed out so I tend to stay away from it .

The matte eyeshadows in this palette are absolutely stunning they blend out like a dream they are super soft they don't skip or aren't patchy when you apply them . 

Lets do some swatches - 



Here are all the matte eyeshadow swatches in the palette unfortunately not in order , I had nowhere to put the black (midnight) eyeshadow so I had to put it on the top of my hand . 

Lets now talk about the shimmer eyeshadows in the palette

On the top row their are 2 shimmers greige on and Taupe Up , I used both of these eyeshadows in a look that I filmed it was one of the 3 looks 1 Palette that I did greige on from what I have tried seems to be the least pigmented eyeshadow in the palette which you should be able to see when I do the swatches of the shimmers . 
It did however look nice as a eyeshadow topper and you could make it more pigmented with a glitter glue or more foiled by using a setting spray 
Taupe Up is a gorgeous eyeshadow to use as a inner corner highlight it just looks beautiful 

On the middle row their is just 1 shimmer eyeshadow which is called True Me which I would describe more as a Taupe Shimmer Eyeshadow , Taupe Up is more of a Champagne Shimmer Eyeshadw perfect for the inner corner to use as a highlight . 

On the bottom row their is just 1 shimmer eyeshadow called Coffee Talk which gives you that gorgeous smokey sultry eye look 

Lets get into the swatches 



Greige On -  is a gorgeous grey toned brown shimmer totally up my alley I love shimmer eyeshadows like that I don't have too many in my collection and it makes it very unique I just wish it was a little more pigmented it's the least pigmented eyeshadow from the palette . 

Taupe Up - as mentioned earlier in the post True Me (which we will talk about next ) is more of a Taupe eyeshadow then Taupe Up that's more of a champagne eyeshadow which makes it perfect for a inner corner highlight and on medium skin it would even make a gorgeous face highlighter too.

True Me - is definitely more of a Taupe eyeshadow then Taupe Up wouldn't you agree lovelies ? .
It's a gorgeous eyeshadow and looks lovely all over the eyelid . 

Coffee Talk - is the darkest shimmer in the eyeshadow palette and would definitely take your eyeshadow look from day time to night time to give you that gorgeous smouldering look it's absolutely beautiful all over the eyelid 

Final thoughts on the palette - 

I think this eyeshadow palette is a truly beautiful neutral eyeshadow palette if you are a beginner in make up this will literally be your best friend . 

Although the matte eyeshadows are very pigmented they blend out like a dream when I used this palette yesterday when I was blending the matte eyeshadows it felt like I hardly had to do any work and barely took anytime to blend the eyeshadows out 

The formula on the matte eyeshadows honestly I can't speak about it enough the eyeshadows are so creamy highly pigmented their not patchy like a lot of other drugstore brands that I have tried eyes in the past . 

The shimmers on the other hand I can't rave about as highly unfortunately their gorgeous eyeshadows don't get me wrong and look stunning on the eyes their just really powdery and crumbly and not as nice to apply as the matte eyeshadows 

What do you think lovelies have you tried this palette ? 

Thanks for reading as always 

Stay Safe