Wednesday 25 January 2017

Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome and Me

Hello Beauties,

I don't often write personal blog posts such as this one but I thought I would tell you a little more about myself.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome  (PCOS) in my early teens after going to see my doctor constantly.

I had so many tests and the doctors thought it was endometriosis so was treating me for that and sending me for tests to see if endometriosis was the condition that I had.

When the blood tests came back that I didn't have endometriosis I had various tests for other things over a few years and was diagnosed when I was in my teens.
 I was going to the doctors constantly I was in a so much pain the doctor thought I was a bit of a hypochondriac as I was never away from the surgery .

So when I got a diagnosis that I had polycystic ovary syndrome I was relieved I thought maybe they could give me some tablets for the pain all my doctor says is take the pill that will help manage the pain and the only other pain relief medicine I have ever been told to take for the cramps that I endure Is Feminax which are tablets for when you are on your period.



I had 3 or 4 surgeries to remove the cysts on my ovaries it never works and the last surgery that I had which was 15 years ago now when the doctors tried to wake me up from the anaestetic and they couldn't  I got really sick when they did manage to wake me up the doctors told me  that they would not be doing any more surgeries it's just too dangerous.

My Polycystic Ovary Syndrome has definitely got worse over the years my periods are not just irregular anymore they are non existent and the worst thing about it is that I can't have children because of this condition I feel like if it would have been detected earlier things may have been different as people with PCOS have gone onto become pregnant and have children like the likes of Victoria Beckham it's so heart breaking for me knowing that I can never have a child and knowing that there is nothing I can do to change it.

If your periods are irregular and you are worried please go and see your GP don't wait as long as I did because even though I was going to my GP a lot when they said that there was nothing wrong with me I took that as being gospel and didn't pursue it as much as I would as an adult I thought the GP was right and I was overreacting but only you know your body.

When I was in my teens I had never heard of such a condition and certainly didn't think it would affect my fertility I feel like the choice that every woman should be able to make whether they want babies or not  has just been taken away and that is just devastating for a woman especially as my older brother and sister have families.

So I urge anyone who is showing symptoms like irregular or missed periods, acne , facial hair , hair loss, weight gain and trouble losing weight to just go and talk to your local GP.

 I think conditions like this are so important to talk about and raise awareness 1 in 10 people suffer with PCOS .

I know not all these people will suffer with PCOS to the extent that I do I hate this condition as I do get facial hair which gets quite bad I have to get it waxed off every 4- 6 weeks it's getting worse and worse it never used to be this bad when I was in my early twenties it's definitely got worse in the last 10 years.

I have been advised that maybe electrolysis is the way to go forward I just don't want to do anything that extreme and I have another medical condition which makes this inpossible  for me to do so I go to see my beauty therapist every 4-6 weeks and she takes care of it.

The facial hair makes me so down on myself when I put make up on when it is quite bad the facial hair makes my make up look terrible as I get the facial hair on my upper lip and neck. I know this is probably not the case but I feel like when the facial hair on my face is at it's worse I feel like everyone is looking at me even though there probably not.

So what helps PCOS  have been told changing your diet eating a little bit more healthier which for me is easier said then done because I eat so much junk this year though one of my new years resolution is to eat healthier and also to exercise more as that is supposed to help as well.

I know this was a bit of a different post today thanks if you have read it sometimes I like to write something other than beauty posts.

If you have PCOS I would appreciate if you would leave a comment to tell me how you deal with it and the side affects that you suffer.