Thursday 15 December 2016

Tanya Burr 12 Days Of Christmas Beauty Advent Calendar

Hello Beauties,

In todays post I wanted to talk about this beautiful Tanya Burr Advent Calendar that I got when it was reduced from superdrug.

The RRP of the Advent Calendar was £25.00 then it went down to £15.00 and then it went down to £12.00 which is such great value for the products that you get inside.

Here is the information from Superdrug Website....

Product Information
The countdown to the party season is on with my 12 Days of Christmas Beauty Calendar! Behind every door there’s an extra special limited edition treat so you can shimmer and sparkle on every occasion. Contains:
Glitter Rain Nail Polish
Sleigh Bells Nail Polish
Glitter Gold
Aurora Lip Gloss
Christmas Stocking Matte Lip
Berry Pavlova Lip Gloss
Snow Day Glitter Pot
Champagne Sparkle Glitter Pot
Ice Crystals Glitter Liner
Treasured Glitter Liner

Here I will talk about each product and what my first impressions are on them.


Day 1 is this beautiful pink/red lip gloss with shimmer running through it the lip gloss is in the shade candy cane all the lip glosses have 5ml of product in them I really like the lip glosses but I find the formula is quite thick that is probably due to the fact that I have been using matte lipsticks for quite awhile now which have aren't as thick some are very watery. I think this lip gloss is a gorgeous every day colour.



Day 2 is the only product in the advent calendar that I wasn't really happy about I don't use emery boards I would have much preferred Tanya put something else in the calendar I understand why she included this though as a lot of people do use emery boards like my mum for instance so it won't go unwanted I will pass it onto her .


Day 3 a lot of my friends that I have spoken too about this Tanya Burr mirror said this was a let down I have to disagree I really like these round mirrors and this is definitely one of the nicer ones that I have seen with the powder blue background and the gold writing on it I think it looks beautiful.
I have a very similar mirror to this one that I keep in my bag to touch up on the go but not as pretty so I will be swapping it over .


Day 4 is a lovely shimmer pot it's in the shade Champagne Sparkle which is a really nice pretty gold colour perfect for the holiday season. I'm really glad that this was included as I love loose pigments. Yes they are quite messy to work with but I think they look amazing on the eyes. I love a bit of sparkle.


Day 5  Another lip gloss in the shade Berry Pavlova which is stunning again the formula is quite thick I think these would be good as a topper if you don't like thick lip gloss which I know a lot of people won't like but a little bit over a similar coloured lipstick will look amazing I think.


Day 6 now I am a sucker for my glittery nail polishes and this is such a pretty gold glitter nail polish. I don't actually think I own a gold glitter nail polish so i'm really looking forward to trying this one out and this is in the shade glitter and gold.


Day 7 I have to admit I am not one for glitter eye liners I haven't really decided what I am going to do with this yet. I have an upcoming giveaway so I may put it in there as an extra treat if I feel like I won't get the use out of it.


Day 8 is another shimmer pot/loose pigment in the shade Snow Day and it's a beautiful white with green and pink glitters running through it I bet this would look amazing in the corner of your eye if your careful with it and a little bit placed on the eye lid as well.


Day 9 is my favourite lipstick out of the whole advent calendar which is this gorgeous festive red in the shade Christmas stocking it's the perfect red for this time of year and what makes it even better is it's a matte red lipstick.



Day 10 is another glitter eye liner this one is in gold which is always my go to Christmas colour when i'm doing a make up look so I will definitely keep this one the colour of the glitter isn't clear on the pack I think it's called Treasured and the silver one is called Ice Crystals and you get 6ml of product in both of these eye liners which is quite good.


Day 11 I think this is the perfect red glitter for Christmas it's in the shade Sleigh Bells I have another red glitter nail polish from rimmel that I have been using and I tested this Tanya Burr one out on my thumb just to see what it looked like and when I took it off it had been on for 3 days and hadn't chipped yet the rimmel one didn't last at all. More to come on that though.



Day 12 is another gorgeous nail polish in silver the shade is called Glitter Rain another stunning nail polish it's going to be hard choosing what to put on my nails first I think I will definitely start with Sleigh Bells which is the red glitter polish then maybe the glitter gold nail polish .

I think this is a great calendar to buy I think teenagers will definitely love it I think there are a good range of products inside they are all good sized products.
I hate when you buy an advent calendar and the products are all really small inside.

Have you got this calendar what are your thoughts of it is there anything in the calendar that you didn't like? would love to hear all your thoughts.

As always thanks for reading