Sunday 16 October 2016

Kat Von D Shade And Light Quad - Rust First Impressions

Hello Beauties,

In today's post I want to Share my thoughts on the Kat Von D Quad in Rust I had heard very good Reviews about theoriginal  Kat Von D Shade And Light she had brought out it's quite Expensive so I thought I would Test this little Quad out first as I hadn't tried any Kat Von D Products before.


I have to say I love the Packaging of this Quad I like that it's Travel Friendly with a Small Mirror you could actually do your make up on the go if you really needed too.






I have to admit I don't normally go for a Palette that is a all  Matte Eye Shadow Palette and didn't think I would like this as much as I do.

I love this Palette so much especially the Burnt Orange Contour Shade this Eye Shadow is just Beautiful I think this Palette is just Perfection and I know I will get a lot of use out of this Palette through Autumn and Winter.

I am going to Talk about these Shadows in the way that I have been Applying them.

Base - the base shadow is a really nice pink brightening shadow it really reminds me of the shadow out of the Charlotte Tilbury Look In A Palette except in my Opinion this Base Shadow is so much more Pigmented I like that it's really Creamy too.

I have been putting the Base Shadow all over my Eye Lid I find that not only is it great at Mattifying your Eye Shadow Primer it also helps Blend out the Contour and Define Shadow.

Contour - Once the Base Eye Shadow is on my Eye Lid I go in with the best Shadow from the Palette seriously it's Amazing and Pack that all over the Eye Lid.

Define - After the Contour Shadow is on the Eye Lid I use the Dark Brown Shadow for the Outer V and take the Shadow into the Crease and make sure that it's Blended out very well.

Highlight - Once I have put the Eye Shadows down I take the Highlight Shade and put it in the Inner Corner of my Eye and also to the Brow Bone.

Once the Eye Shadow has been done on the Eye Lid I take a Pencil Brush and take the Contour Shade and put it on my Lash Line to add Depth to the Look and then go into the Define Shade once that has been done I Smudge both Shadows together which gives it a nice Dramatic Smoky Effect.

I think this Palette is great I really Recommend it my only issue with it and it's not really a Issue as such is the Consistency of the Shadows the Base Shadow and the Highlight Shadow are really Creamy and Blend out really Nicely when it comes to the Contour and Define Shadow though there not as Smooth and not as easy to Blend.

You can definitely work with the Contour and Define Shadows they just take a little more work to blend then the Base and the Highlight Shades did.
This doesn't bother me I could see why it might bother some people this is why I have mentioned it.

This Palette is just Perfect for Blue and Green eyes it makes your Eyes pop I haven't actually come across too many Matte Eyeshadow Palettes that I love this is definitely one of them I highly Recommend it and I'm seriously considering asking Santa to bring me the Original Shade and Light Palette for Christmas.

What products do you recommend from the Kat Von D Brand ?